The emu story is actually kind of a sad story (at least in Saskatchewan) quite a few people got into the livestock end of Emus because, apparently, there are many great uses for an Emu, including its "oil" and its leather. (what its oil can be used for I do not know, supposedly cleaners or deoderizers can be made from it) The actual meat is quite lean but tastes rather like copper. Anyways, there were several Emu farmers but no-one invested in any systems to actually make anything out of the Emus and so they were mostly slaughterd and made into jerky... I know this because my father's shop is one of the few in Sask. that is federally inspected and will actually book slaughters for this type of thing. (And, if you want to sell any meat that is processed in Saskatchewan in any other provinces it must be federally inspected while being slaughtered to prevent the spread of disease, etc...) He also does a lot of bufallo for people who sell that kind of meat in farmers markets and the like...

Man, this has to be the strangest thread hijacking I've ever seen, nevermind taken part in :-)

---|---|-O <- My Kitten (Grey and White) Also, accepting donations for the MX-700