That'd be 3 systems, and pretty much staying home is not painful.

I don't think the test for an audiophile is how much money you spend, but your intent, i.e., the search for more lifelike musical reproduction.

Anyone who buys Axiom speakers, I'd consider an audiophile. Among audiophiles there are those who throw their money at the task, and those who try to get the most for the least. Everyone here falls into the latter category, or we'd be talking about our Harbeth's, Reference 3a's, Walsh Ohms, Thiels, etc., instead of Axioms. We'd be talking about Krells instead of used Yamaha M80s, or Outlaw Mono-blocks. I don't think the distinguishing characteristic is being more interested in the equipment than the music, but I do believe audiophiles are more thoughtful and educated concerning their equipment choices.

Those 3 systems I listed up above are each superb. I've heard $40,000 tube amp/CDP/speaker systems which don't sound as good as my modest tube outfit. Anything made by Axiom compares well to speakers costing much, much more. That's a kick, same for ASL tube amps, Ah! CDPs, Michaura (uses Axiom drivers and tweeters), and my highly modified Merak center channel speakers.

Modified Merak MC634 center channel speaker with modified RS super tweeter, Michaura M665 towers ...

Modified Merak MC6H center channel w/super tweeter ...

Last edited by 2x6spds; 10/23/04 08:50 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.