Patchwork-

Finally had some time yesterday to set up the Micro system. I used the Sound and Vision test DVd and set up as follows: all speakers small and the sub x-over set to 100 Hz on the receiver. Also set the phase at 180 degrees as this sounded better to me. I have to say that overall I am very happy with the Outlaw- it is a steal for the price. With my previous receiver, an Onkyo SV-343, I would notice clipping on my Cabridge Soundworks satellites. The Outlaw is rated at 65 wpc, but that is continuous, not peak. The overall build quality is better than any other receivers in it's price range but it does not have a lot of bells and whistles on the front panel (which I am grateful for) The FM reception is not that great, but then again there aren't many FM stations in the area worth listening to. I've heard other say this receiver is more "musical" than an Onkyo or Sony, but I have not compared a newer Onkyo or Sony to the Outlaw. It does not sound as nice as my Rotel amp I have for my stereo system, but I tend to mainly watch movies in the home theater and listen to music on the hi-fi.

And for the record, the Micro is plenty loud for such a small room (converted bedroom). Watched Hard Day's Night DVD yesterday and the Axiom's sound great, but I think they need to be broken in a bit before they hit their peak. I did have to put the spikes on the sub instead of the rubber bumpers as they were vibrating the hardwood floor too much. Hopefully the wife won't see the spikes in the newly refinished floors. ;-)

Andy