At present I am running 2 channels with an Arcam integrated amp driving M80's. Over the next number of months (depending upon how fast I can accumulate the funds)I hope to expand into home theater. One of the crucial questions for me at this point is that of number of surround speakers - in good part because it will influence what kind of amplification I use. At present I am considering the following two options:

1. Buy an Arcam P85 amp with the extra channel added and getting something like an Outlaw 950 pre/pro. (although it has had very mixed reviews) I am extremely happy with the A85, and would continue to use it to run the M80 mains, while using the P85 for the center and surround channels. Going this route would limit me to 5.1 however.

2. If I decide to buy from Outlaw, I could get their 755 amp, and would then have the option of hooking up 7 speakers at some point - five through the 755 and two through the Arcam.

My questions for any that are interested in responding are:

1. With using the QS8's, what kind of a difference will the extra two speakers make? - does it justify the extra expense in speakers?
2. Is there any sonic advantage to staying with the same type of amplification. The 755 is rated at 200 watts per channel - the P85, like my A85 is rated at 85. (My system is in a room that is about 500 square feet and plays plenty loud for me at the moment.)

I am in no rush to make a decision but would like it to be as informed as possible. Thankyou in advance for sharing your advice and expertise.

Ed