Has anyone built a "mounting plaque" for their QS series surround?

I have an older house with horsehair plaster walls and, in my experience with previous wall-mounted items, the "T bracket" affixed to the wall will not be sufficient. I need to mount the T Bracket to a wooden "base" that will allow me to spread the weight and "pull" over a larger area so the vibrations won't simply turn the plaster to powder and weaken the mount as the speaker vibrates.

For instance, I'm wondering if there have ever been any experiments in terms of the size of a mount such as this. Are these speakers really so diffuse that there isn't much point-source imaging at all or the mounting makes very little difference? In short, would a speaker on a small, hidden mount, kind of "floating" the speaker out from the wall an inch, sound different from a speaker mounted on, say, an oversized plaque with a glossy, hard finish? Certainly, a "regular" speaker put along a sidewall with mirror tiles would image different than the same speaker along a wall that had heavy drapes along it's length. I guess that's what I'm wondering as it would relate to the QS series.

Also the plaster, being much harder than sheetrock (which dampens sound) is much more likely to "vibrate" when the QS8s are cranking. I'm wondering about putting some sort of a rubber or heavy foam "sheet" between the mount and the wall to help ensure there's no buzzing or other bad interactions.

I really won't be able to do much with the QS8s until I have this mount ready to go, so I'm hoping to get ahead of the game and pre-build them, just leaving finish decisions (I'm thinking I will match the Beech finish) and attaching the "T Mount" until the speakers arrive. Otherwise, I won’t be able to do anything with the surrounds for several days while I build and finish the mount.

Has anyone built a custom QS mount who would be willing to pass along some experience?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::