I effectively have two DVD players. The Pioneer is being used for SACD and the Panasonic for DVD. It seems like I need a DVD1 and DVD2 on my receiver, since I have to choose one of the DVD players to be controlled by the remote in DVD mode.

I have RCA to the SACD and digital optical for the DVD (panny). There is also a video cable, but it appears I have that going right into the TV (I'd have to pull everything out to be sure, but it looks this way from what I can see).

The SACD goes into the 6 RCA connections on the receiver, but these are labeled DVD.

The DVD goes into the optical connection on the receiver, which works in either DVD or CD mode on the remote.

As far as the last comment on giving up SACD....I did hear it in all channels and do feel it was setup correctly, and it was a good experience and I enjoyed listening to it, I just don't know how much I'll be using it since I have just one SACD (two in a couple weeks). I guess I'll use it more as more stuff comes out on it, I probably do a lot more CD listening in the car then at home though. The speakers were purchased mainly for HT, but I do listen to some music as well.