Hi all,

I just received my pair of M40's... I started off looking at much smaller speakers, but my girlfriend liked the bigger speakers and I ended up with the M40s. In the end, I think this is best, since they cost only a little more than M22's, and a smaller speaker with stands doesn't really take up any less space.

The first time I listened - I was VERY impressed. I'm taking a big step up from a pair of 2-way 8" JBLs... I was expecting the bass response to be slightly less, but I was surprised to find the bass equal, if not better (in terms of repsonse - clarity was MUCH better). The midrage was, of course, fantastic.

One thing I noticed when listening to vinyl is a semi-rapid movement of the woofer, even in silent portions of the record. I believe this is referred to as "flutter." I had adjusted the tonearm some and reduced this (tracking angle) - does anyone have any other insight into possible causes of this? I assume that it's not good for the speaker. I do have a subsonic filter on my amp that is turned on, btw.

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase... I do need to get some new speaker wire, etc. etc.... also might look into an amp upgrade at a later date (mine is a 35watt solid state, but drives it nicely)...

Thanks in advance for the help!