Well I can tell you that when I first hooked up my new 2805 with my new Axioms months ago, at first I said "dang, what the hell is wrong" I can bairly hear anything....so as I cranked the volume to -60...-50....etc... I realize this was different than my old JVC Pro Logic receiver.

It is interesting the Auto Setup is saying your mains are out of phase, I don't have this problem, knock on wood...I would say that for movies it varies from -30 to -12, depending if the wife is home or not For music, it also varies from around -25 to -10 or so, depending if I'm listening to my older 70's-80's cd's to the newer, better quality recorded stuff of today... Right now I have the setup in my upstairs living room which is about 12 x 15 and I would say the mains are set at +6dB, I'd have to check to see what they are at for direct mode for music...It is rare that I get in the +db ranges, maybe when the wife takes the kids to the mall and I let the dog out, and crank up some Rush "Moving Pictures" for example...

I'll have to give your issues some thought....all I can say is that my setup sounds fantastic, and I don't appear to be having issues like you mention.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85