Hi Chess,

The problem is that the public generally do not want pay for the cost of making these mounts. Unless you can mass produce them and do it cheaply the market becomes really limited to a few people that want and need a custom job done, and are willing to pay for it. How many people do you think would be willing to pay the actual price I would have to charge to make a set of mounts like for example the VP ceiling mounts I made for my HT, those mounts if I had to sell them for a profit would be over $500.00. Even making the aluminum brackets (rendering will be posted later tonight) I make no money on these at all, if I had to make one set of brackets and then send them alone for anodizing it would actually cost me money to make them. I do it because I enjoy doing small projects like this one for people that do not have the facilities or abilities to do so. I keep the cost down by sending the parts in for anodizing along with a batch of our normal production parts so I do not have to pay the $90.00 minimum charge for the anodizing service. Sometimes this means that a set of brackets would take a couple of weeks to deliver to someone. Now If I could say get orders for 20 sets then I can do it and divide the anodizing cost between the 20 sets and I would make some profit from this.

Cheers
John.