Thanks for the fast responses!! A couple of notes. While he did like the Studio 40's, he wasn't 100% sold on them and I don't think he, (or myself for that matter) expected a duplicate of the 40's. We did expect a bit more of them M22's. That said, I agree that the m22's are overmatched in the room, and my first thought after wondering if maybe there was a wiring issue (and I told you so, because I told him to get the M60's) was that the hollow sound might be due to two things: the need for larger speakers to fill the space and the acoustics of the room. The room does seem to have an empty sound to it, not quite an echo thanks to the furniture, but I think that might be part of the problem. Maybe he needs to put more stuff in it, lol. Basically, from what you're saying the M60s sound similar but more laid back, which sounds like it would be a good thing

I know there have been different threads about receivers and separates. Do you feel that perhaps that's an aspect as well, and perhaps a newer receiver might make a difference? I just know that the M22's did sound far better full range with 200watts from my Adcom than with the 5590. Speaking of subs, you're right he could really use a big sub. Right now, again because of his budget, tops he can spend is 1k which will probably mean a pb12isd/2. Maybe he can stack another one on top of it in the future. My CS+ actually does a good job moving air, so the room is bass friendly for the size, at least

I'll be over there tonight to do some movie watching and more calibrating so I'll report back. I haven't ordered avia yet, so I'll have to wing it with some test tones and my rat shack spl meter. I'll try them in my small room too and see how they sound that way....

Kevin