Thanks, Saturn...

I’d done a bit of auditioning of other speakers before getting my hands on the M40Ti and the Mission 782s as well. I listened to Energy C-5 and C-7, KEF Q5 and Q7, Polk LSi15, Dynaudio Audience 62, B&W 602 S3 and 602.5 S3, PSB Image 6t and the Meadowlark Swift. Out of all of those, only the PSBs and the Meadowlarks were very involving to me, and both are $1K speakers (per pair, US). The B&Ws were nice, but they didn’t really draw me into the music. I’ve heard that their CM-4 is a helluva speaker, but since it’s $1500US, I never even bothered to listen to it. I’d still like to hear more of the Swifts, but they’re so hard to find. And while I enjoyed the Image 6ts very much, their size is pretty much out of the question for me at this point in my life/living quarters. I’d like to hear the 5t, especially since it made it onto Stereophile’s recommended components list, but I can’t find one within less than a four-hour drive. I hadn’t considered Monitors, but since you raised the question, I checked their website, and like with so many others, there are no dealers in the Indianapolis area. Sooner or later you have to call it quits and live with the best you can find and afford (the s___-or-get-off-the-pot point), or decide to keep looking forever. And I’m running out of energy. And my SO is running out of patience Her living room has been disrupted for almost 30 days now, and while she hasn’t said so in so many words, I can tell she wants this to be over. The new speakers will be used only for critical (but fun) listening, and will remain closeted the rest of the time. Everyday listening will be through the same hidden-in-the-bookshelves satellite/sub setup we’ve been running for the past 8 years, ever since I had to give up my beloved 16-year old Magneplanars. That way we can have the best of both worlds.