I am looking to add a subwoofer to my partial home theater set- up and am looking for advice on what to get. I have two Kef Q7 floor standing speakers in the front (3 way bass reflex / Frequency response at 15° - 35 Hz - 27 kHz / Crossover frequency - 120 Hz - 27 kHz / Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) - 91 dB / Maximum output - 113 dB / Impedance - 8 Ohms ) with a Kef Q10C for a center channel. My room size is 18 X 15.

I am looking to get a subwoofer that provides deep accurate bass and am willing to compromise on looks. I was thinking on getting the Klipsch RSW-10 but thanks to fellow Axiom members have learnt about some brands like HSU, SVS and Velodyne that might be a better fit for my application.

My front speakers play loud and do provide some good bass but I am looking to add more detail in terms of bass for music and home theater. I listen to music 60 % and HT 40%, so am looking for a Sub that will be good for music and HT.

Here are some questions as I’m utterly confused on which sub to get now:

•Is there a marked difference between the HSU STF-2 and the VTF-2 MK2? I listen to music 60 % and HT 40%, which of the two will fit my need better.

•How do SVS25-31PCi and PB10-ISD compare to HSU STF-2 & VTF-2 MK2? I did notice that SVS PB10-ISD goes down all the way to 18hz?

•How do the Velodyne CHT-12R and CHT-15R compare to the HSU and SVS models listed above? Where can I find Velodyne subs on the web as Circuit City doesn’t sell the CHT range anymore?

Also a un-related question but what is the process of supporting two Subs:

•Is it done by using a Y cable to split the signal from the receiver to drive two Subs. In this case do both Subs get ample signal.