Well the web site Fox steered me to had me laughing aloud, but you, Peter, put me on the floor..........AGAIN. (And, you KNOW how difficult it is for someone my age to get up off the floor.) I've certainly never experienced any other than "happy" ones.

My friends, TomTuttle recently made a wonderful post about this forum, the members, and how he felt about about both. I couldn't do a better job than he did. I frequent other forums, and enjoy my time at each one. But, there's NO place like home, and THIS is home.

We come from different countries and cultures, different financial strata, with different religious and political leanings, different educational levels, and are of different ages (OY, is mine different ). And yet, we have a common ground that makes this forum possible.

No, it's NOT a common interest in good movies, good music, and good equipment to reproduce both, though we do, indeed, have that in common. What it is that makes this thing work is the common trait of benevolence. With the exception of the occasional, juvenile troll, like PROfessional TECHnical people, who comes by just to cause trouble, everyone here genuinely wants to be of help. We can disagree about speaker break-in, tubes, expensive cables, and Ray's intelligence. But, in the end, the desire to help each other end up with a satisfying music and movie experience is oil that greases the wheels around here.

The most happy, and unexpected thing about forum participation, and it took me completely by surprise (which shows what a truly misanthropic curmudgeon I, indeed, am), is that I found an inordinately large number of people who are really very nice folks, and who have become exceptionally good friends.

I was stunned that Huffer knew today was my birthday.And, reading all your gracious posts, has been a special treat. Thanks Huffer, you little detective you. And thank you ALL for your kind birthday wishes. I do consider you all friends and family.

Humbly,

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton