Hello all. I'm a decade from retirement and still trying to create a great home sound system. I just added a pair of M2i's (purchase based on Web reviews)to my system and moved the slightly larger Polk M5's they replaced (purchased as cheap demos, years ago) to surround positions. I was immediately surprised at the 5 unit increase in amp volume (Sony DE895) I needed to achieve the same loudness from the M2i's (compared side-by-side using A/B cabling). I'm still undecided about the sound quality...the Polk's seem a bit brighter. I have a Velodyne HGS10 sub purchased as a life-time achievement award to myself on the basis of Web reviews touting its ability to do a great job with both music and DVDs. After moving the Polk M5's to surround positions (I had never experienced surround at home before), I set the sub crossover to 80 HZ, based on the frequency drop off of the M2i's. Bottom line: I'm a technical neophyte wondering if I have missed an opportunity in trying to improve this A/V setup. Both CD and DVD choices are wide-ranging, but sound levels are rarely, if ever, window-rattling. I listen to classical/jazz/rock and wonder if anyone else has tried to match M2i's with a Velodyne HGS10 sub. Also, based on a search through this message board, it doesn't appear the Sony DE895 is very popular. Is it a poor match? I did learn this morning it may not have adjustable crossover settings (bad?), but I was pleased to discover I had unknowingly purchased ProLogic II Music capability (good). I only have cabling from the amp to the sub input jacks. Should I also (if it is possible) be using the sub output jacks?