Hello all......

I finally have the motivation to complete my basement. The next step is to lay out the HT room wiring and soffets so I can sheet rock this room. The room dimensions are 12 feet wide by 15' 6" deep, with a ceiling height of 8' 6". The walls and ceiling are insulated with some 6" sound bats and the walls are shear walls with 1/2" plywood under a layer of rock. The ceiling is still open to the BCI's with the exception of the insulation. I will be installing T&G knotty pine on the ceiling to keep it the same as the rest of the house (IE, log house with lots of wood).

I want to run enough wires and cables to satisfy a few years of technology advances. My plans are to buy a projector and most likely move my M80's and Outlaw to this room. Then I'll pick up some backs, surrounds and center Axioms. In the front of the room (where the screen will be), I plan to build some permanent shelves and sofet this area out 24" to give the HT a 'built in look'.

Getting to my question, where should the surround and surround back speakers be placed so that I can pull the speaker wires? Toward the ceiling, or? How far back in the room?

What cables should I run to the projector location? How far back should the projector be mounted to the ceiling?

What speaker wire should I be using? I know it should be plenum rated, but what gauge and do you have a suggestion to manufacture and / or link to where I can buy a reasonably priced roll or two?

Anything else I should be thinking about?

thanks in advance..........mike