Alan,

Thank you for your concern, I had a number of posts that the ¼” spade wouldn’t fit. Not that it mattered too much; I just bent them out a bit. The way I look at it, is that the binding post are 3/8” so actually the speakers are made to accept a 3/8” spade, but they will accept a ¼” spade due to the slot. The web site says that the speakers are made to accept a ¼” spade, which “technically” is a true statement. But actually the ¼” spade is a pain to put on the speaker and the 3/8” spade would be the better choice. I would have bought the 3/8” spade if I had known the binding posts were 3/8”.

Real80sman,

I am going to post pics once I get my stand completed, which should be next weekend. A decent stand is expensive, $750 - $1000 just for a halfway decent stand; double that for a nice one. I figure I can build one for less than $500 and get to keep all the tools I need to buy. (i.e. $150 biscuit joiner)

Speakers look great and sound even better, although I haven’t had time to set everything yet. I haven’t had a new receiver in about 10 years, so I am going through a bit of a learning curve with the 3805. I bought the SPL meter, so just waiting on the Avia DVD to arrive.

Take care,

Del D