Ray:

Adrien really hit all the important points.

The frustrations I expressed in the other post are real to me, but I'd have to say that I primarily feel them because I've gotten a taste of how great changers can be. I really would NOT want to go back to using anything less, although I'm the type to have music on while I'm working…if I actually sat and really listened to a disc, I wouldn't mind the single disc player and the handling involved. I want more than eight groups simply because I've seen how good groups can be. I do wish that you could, for instance, have the option to play all "BUT" particular groups. This way, I could shuffle all discs BUT the Christmas group. And, if more than eight groups are offered, I could also direct it to NOT play Classical, or my nature "relaxation" sound effects discs for instance.

I also think daisy-chaining is the way to go, but I'm not sure who else offers this besides Sony. (I've had mine for 3~4 years and so really haven't seen what's out there recently). Again, I don't know who else offers it, but my Sony's take a keyboard input on the front panel- very helpful. Mine don't have the on-screen display, and sometimes I wish they did.

Really, as Adrien mentioned, the coolest thing is to do a shuffle play of "all" or just within a certain group, and hear tracks from discs that haven't been in your disc tray for years! I'm sure many of us have CDs of stuff we like, but don't often make the "A" list when we choose a disc. I think it's a little like having the new Axioms…you rediscover your collection!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::