In reply to:

Meaning I "know the M80's are better than the RTi12, but I don't have a 4ohm receiver.

It is a generally accepted fact that the M60s and the M80s have an almost identical sonic signature. Alan said something to this effect, and it can even be seen in the M60 product description on the Axiom webiste. The only advantages that the M80s offer over the M60s is their ability to play extremely loud in very large listening rooms, to handle insane ammounts of power, and to have a few Hz deeper bass extension. I'd think that if your room is under 4000 ft^3, the M60s would be more than enough for you. In addition, if you feel you really do want the M80s, they present a VERY easy load that is comperable to many 6-ohm speakers. The reasoning behind this is that their minimum impedance is 4 ohms, as opposed to most 4-ohm speakers which dip significantly below 4 ohms.

I believe that the M80s will work beautifully with the 2400 even in 8-ohm mode.

If necessary, however, your receiver DOES have a current limiting 4-ohm mode that would fix any over-heating problems associated with running the M80s on the 8-ohm mode.