I've always wanted to revive a dead thread. Now I can tell you what I found in my M60's today. I know what your thinking, damn he's a good procrastinator (Dec 10 for goodness sakes!!!). I forgot what Alan said about taking the lower woofer off, so I started up high. I figure the upper port would mean I could stay in the upper region of the M60. I was wrong. I didn't lay them on their side either. Using those spikes takes forever to get the toe in correct. They ARE some heavy beasts!! Using the upper port in the back was the only way the little guy could get something inside the speaker successfully. The lower port has the white fill material stuff blocking it. I tried the midrange first. Damn me anyway, it's in located in a MDF cavern. I finally got to the first woofer, not the bottom one (which would have been smart, perhaps easier), and carefully removed the leads. I could reach all the way to the bottom up to my elbow. I'll make a long story longer. He had a 48 car and 24 car in the left speaker with two plastic golf balls. He had a 17 car in the right main. All the items were in the bottom of the M60's. If you're wondering, I did remember to re-hook the leads before I re-threaded the bolts. So Alan, what can I cover the ports up with on the backside that won't affect the accoustics? I really don't want to do this type of surgery on a regular basis. Also, what's the purpose of the white fill stuff? Why is the midrange in an enclosure and not the woofs? Now all together...LAUGH!! I deserve it.