honestly, it is a toss up on the sub. the HSU VTF3 is supposed to be an amazing sub, but the EP500 is no slouch. i think there HZ range is very similar, and i would bet to say that you would be happy with either one. if you like the smaller footprint, and it doesnt hurt that you can get it in a finish to match the rest of your speakers, i would say go with the EP500.

and placement, thats a tricky one. it really matters on the dimensions and dynamics of your room. subs can sound TOTALLY different depending on their placement in the same room. there is no 'universal' placement, it is always variable. some like it in the front, some like it behind the viewing area, some to the left or right, and some in the corner. it is literally impossible to say what would be the best placement for your room, that will be for you to decide. but, i would say as just a 'place to begin', put the sub in the front, on the outside of the 60's. but be prepared to move it around a bit to find the optimal place for it.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??