20 Hours??? That's unbelieveable. I like to tweak as much as the next guy.... OK, MORE than the next guy, but 20 hours is a bit excessive. 2-3 hours for initial setup for 3-5 devices, including macros. Then tweaks to to round it off - maybe another 2-3 hours over the next couple of weeks. Once set , the MX-700 is a slice of heaven.

I had the big Sony LCD touch screen (RM-3100??), but I found it limiting, not powerful for macros, not user friendly and the screen was always covered with fingerprints. Plus, it took 2 hands to use.

Take a look at this review for the MX-700. If anything, they understate a bit. Also, the unit has an excellent backlight for use in the dark and the buttons are very tactile. With the macro capability, this thing can be set up to be VERY family friendly. Almost everything can be driven by a " single button turns on, switches and/or turns off all my stuff" approach and it can be done with one hand.

I heartily recommend this puppy.

WHOA - I just noticed you have a Denon receiver. There is a file for the MX-700 at Remote Central that includes EVERY Denon Receiver command. I have my 700 set up with separate devices for "RCVR" = all HT-specific, "TUNER" = all AM/FM radio-specific and "SPKER" = individual + and - controls for each speaker and the sub. I also put SUB+ and SUB- commands at the top of each of my devices screens to adjust right on the fly..

If you decide to go for one of these, I'd be happy to help you set it up. If you want to discuss it a bit more, drop me a PM.

Last edited by Ray3; 12/27/04 08:24 PM.