Hey there Max, and welcome...don't read to much into comments like bright, warm, harsh, etc.... When I was shopping for a receiver I was looking at the Yammy 1400, Denon 2805, and Pioneer Elite 54tx. I was so confused at all the feedback, especially from avsforum.com, talk about a bunch of hogwash. If possible, the best thing is to try to demo the receiver and speakers. Stay away from listening at Best Buys, Ultimate Elec., etc... I have found that it is better to try to find someone in your area in a real life environment. As far as the Axioms go, you will absolutely love them if you decide to make a purchase. I would check out the Auditioning in your Area forum in the Questions and Answers section of this board. You may be able to find a few people where you can listen to some receiver/Axiom combos.

The 5790/1400 is a great receiver, and I believe a few Axiomites on here have that combination. I ended up with the Denon 2805 and I love the sound I'm hearing. I was told Denon's are mechanical and bright, and to add bright Axioms would be a big no no, that I wanted something warmer to tone the Ax's down a bit. Well the techs at Axiom customer service told me the opposite, that Denon was one of their biggest recommendations. I don't think you would go wrong with the Yammy either, I almost purchased that same model....Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85