OK, after a whole day of repositioning speakers, crawling around with the subwoofer, and listening to everything from Mozart to Miles to Metallica, I think I'm just about there.
I put on my FAOAT (favorite ablbum of all time), Pink Floyds' Dark Side of the Moon. Set it at about 95 spl, and YE FLIPPIN' GODS!!!!!!! So good you'll plotz! I was a puddle of grinning goo! Sibilance? What sibilance? I heard EVERYTHING, but even at loud volumes nothing grated, distorted, or rasped. I've heard that album ?'s of times on many different systems, but NOTHING like that. Even at 95 spl, the M22's just disappeared. Those little things are near miraculous at $400. A steal at twice the price, an excellent value at 3 times the price. And they get "smoother" after breaking in? That's just crazy talk. Now, back to a little more Sub shifting. I might wait a day though, my ears may be playing anal-retentive tricks on me.

Mark

M22
VP150
EP350
QS8

PS: Quack

Quack,

I thought the Auto-Setup did a reasonable job, but just running the 2805's test tones with the SPL meter was ear-opening. Even without the Avia disc. But that disc especially helped in getting my TV calibrated.

"There's too many notes!" M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 AVR-2805 SCD595 Panasonic DVD-S35