I spent a few bucks tonight on DVDs but aside from that discussion, what do you think of these new additions to my small but growing collection?

Woodstock: The Director's Cut
James Taylor: Pull Over
Jimi Plays Berkeley
the Corrs: live in london
Peter Garbriel: Growing Up Live
Shawn Colvin: Polaroids: A Video Collection
Joni Mitchell: Shadows and Light
Santana: Supernatural Live

I just watched/listened to about 45 minutes of the Woodstock DVD. Fantastic. Looking forward to catching the rest tomorrow after some Zzzzzzzzs

The James Taylor concert was wonderful. If I had to pick one adjective, I’d say he’s just the consummate rock-steady "pro". Smooth, pleasant voice, meticulous guitar work... wonderful melodies, thought-provoking lyrics... Terrific supporting musicians playing with him. All in all, an awesome dvd...

Btw, have I mentioned that I'm *really* enjoying my new Axiom system?!? :-)

Bought the joni mitchell dvd 'cause (guilty pleasure – I’m a longtime fan of probably 1/2 of her stuff) I'm a huge Pat Metheny/Lyle Mays fan. (I’ve already got tickets to “The Way Up” world tour in March, which will be my 13 year old son’s first live concert). Jaco Pastorius is on this dvd as well (in a near peak performance...)

Haven't yet heard my other new additions yet but I'll get around to them soon enough....

By the way (and apropos of nothing above): "GD", the Axiom-bashing troublemaker, can go to heck! I've read his posts here and elsewhere (multiple aliases) and I'll just say this: My VP150 sounds lifelike and wonderful to me! I've never owned a nice sounding stereo system (let alone 7.1) 'til very recently and I’ve gotta say it’s SO NICE to have in my home.... Perfect antidote to a cold winter's night along with the warm fire, good wine, good music, good video, and heck it's a weekend night, too... (won't enumerate all my blessings here but rather just say I'm ***damn grateful***)

anyway, enough stream of conscious rambling tonight...

you're a grand crew here, all of yea ('cept GD, may he drift elsewhere)

over and g'nite