Dchui:

I've auditioned both speakers; the B&Ws were powered via Rotel components; the Axioms had Yamaha. I listened to both the B&W 6 and 7 series, with their sub and the Axiom M60s with Qs8s and the VP100 using a SVS sub.

I've concluded--not even considering cost--that the Axiom M60s were an overall better sound for my preference. Please remember, its all about personal preference, but the M60s and 703s are quite close regardless of your listening style; however, I noted the M60s did give a considerably stronger bass and a more forward midrange, both of which are my preference.

As far as esthetics, the B&Ws had better overall appearance, but that should come with the additional cost. The Axiom's were not disappointing in any way, in terms of appearance or construction; however, they do not yet sell a line that has a tremendous spouse appeal. That would be their only downside, in my opinion. If they started selling M60s with real wood veneer, I'd pay two to three hundred more for them right now.

Before I close (I just read your question again) I don't think the 6 series is really that close in overall quality to the Axiom M60s. That is more apples to oranges, to me. The 7 series is more apples to apples.
TK