I was wondering if I could get other's opinions on proper sub calibration. As I understand it, the best way to properly calibrate a sub is this:

1) Get a DVD that will play frequencies in 1 Hz increments from 20/30 Hz to 100 Hz. Measure sub output using a RS SPL meter and plot a graph. This will show any dips/peaks in sub output

2) armed with the knowledge from the graph, attempt to manipulate the sub, room furnishings, etc to tame the peaks & valleys in sub output

3) when all avenues in 2) are exhausted, invest in a Behringer feedback destroyer to further flatten frequency response

Does this look right to everyone? Anything that should be done differently? Comments/questions?

If that looks like the best way to do things, where is the best/easiest place to track down a sub test disc (with 1Hz increments from 20Hz to 100Hz)? I've heard the name Rane bandied about before, would that be the ticket?

I'm perfectly happy with my system, but realize that I am not getting optimum performance from my sub. I just wanted to know what others' opinions are on how best to accomplish that.

thanks in advance

"Chickens don't clap."