i am looking for any suggestions on proper calibration of the pioneer elite 7 channel surround receiver with built in auto calibration. currently i am running klipsch reference series towers with complimentary surrounds. (will be ordering the epic 80 speaker system shortly. had a chance to listen to my brothers new epic 80 system) my question is... during auto calibration my receiver automatically sets the towers to large while the rest of the speakers are set to small. the receiver proceeds to calibrate the channel level equalizer etc. i have been manually changing the towers speaker settings from large to small after the calibration has completed. (with bass being directed to the sub.) my question is by changing the fronts from large to small am i disrupting the range of sound created by the receiver during the calibration. the receiver will automatically select large on my fronts at the beginning of the calibration. i am unable to manually change to small. 2nd question. today i running my fronts as large with the rest of the speakers at small. (sub woofer set at yes.) it sounds great.. can anybody tell me the pros and cons of running large towers and sub on. thank you

i have one more question... i turned up the channel level on all of my speakers to increase the sound. i think the default settings from the auto calibration set the sound to low. i have a 15 x 18 foot room with 10 foot vaulted ceilings resulting in a lot of air space. by turning up the channel level on all of the speakers am i losing anything in terms of sound quality and surround effects. does this create to much brightness etc.

Last edited by sam74; 01/26/05 05:19 AM.