The only noted change that I'm aware of is the change to the SE version a couple of years back. That was a manufacturing convenience change to revise the radiused up front corner th at the chamfers to the sides. Made the vinyl adhere better. They also changed the sticker in the back. The total listing of the changes was noted in this forum at the time and pretty well defined in the follow-up Soundstage review of the M3; the review where the M3 was inducted by them as their new low cost reference monitor! Another change may be in the cross-over network; For the holidays, Ian gave us an M50 and M60 frequency responce curve for comparrison but also mentioned that the curves previously published are no longer valid for the M80. (or words to that effect,I think) I believe it was Alan who also mentioned that the speakers are constantly being tested and improved as necessary for better sound qualities thru double-blind listening tests. I hope that my statements are accurate and that I'm not inadvertantly stepping on anybodys toes.