With music, I thought it was great but with movies it wasn't adding to the experience, IMO. So I got with Axiom and arranged an upgrade. Since doing so I have no regrets. I absolutly love this thing. The family watched the 3rd Harry Potter and Jurasic Park last night and it had the house shaking. The 350 was good but the 500 is awesome. My wife was impressed with the windows rattling! I say go for it.

Thanks for the input. This is exactly the situation I find myself in. Fortunatley, my fiancee is not only understanding, but generally encouraging in my sonic interests. Indeed, I was expressing some concerns regarding buying a new turntable, and she convinced me to spend more than I would have otherwise! So I imagine ugrading a sub - esp. one which is only 4" bigger in depth and otherwise shares identical dimensions - will go over OK.

Anyone else's thoughts? I'm sorely tempted... and don juan has done a lot to persuade me... but I'm still listening/holding off!!! Anyone with the 500 or eve 600 with a comment?

---- A Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing... M60s, VP150, QS8s, EP350 Onkyo TX-SR702, Denon DVD-3910