Wow. It took about 15 minutes to load the post on dial-up so I'm a bit wary about responding. Maybe you could offer the post on the same CD as the test tones

The first thing I have to say is that the whole post was EXTREMELY well presented -- photography, writing, the whole mess. I imagine you have very happy customers, at least to the extent that customers can ever be happy.

At least a half-dozen times I was just about to fire off a reply saying "well, based on reading this I think you should try X" then in the next paragraph you explained that you had tried X and here was the result.

The floor plan really helped. Unfortunately, as you say, there aren't really any alternatives for laying out the furniture. It's a much better layout than first imagined.

I notice you have a couple of windows in the HT. Don't suppose any of those open onto the back yard do they ? I forgot to mention the other obvious option for dealing with room modes -- punch out one wall and put a small addition on to give you a room with more appropriate dimensions. I know that doesn't go over too well with a nice, older house though...

Anyways, I guess I'm just trying to say "surprise surprise, the post really WAS worth the wait !!".

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8