One thing about the 'forwardness' of the tweeters... there's a pretty steep slope on the off-axis response on the M22ti's where I'm using them, which is a fairly dead room. There's a huge difference between having my ears on-axis with the tweeters versus 10 degrees off axis in the downward direction. I've got them sitting on the overbridge of a Middle Atlantic ELURG studio desk, and when I'm at the desk, the tweeters aren't forward at all, because they're above my ears. When I stand up, they are definitely forward. They're in a small room (my home office), and are largely an experiment for the basement studio project (it's hard to find good monitors in this price range). However, if you're really bothered, keep the off-axis response in mind when you make your stands. In some cases (like a studio desk), it can make complete sense to lay them sideways to make sure you're not losing half your tweeter response due to being too far off axis. This is the one case where the tapered cabinet design is a bummer.

You could also buy a pro-grade equalizer, which I find indispensable in larger multi-purpose listening room like the family room. My personal preference is a Behringer DSP8024, because you really can't beat it for the price (24-bit A/D and D/A converters at 48kHz, RTA w/ auto room EQ, 100 programs, etc.): roughly $179, and you can take the rack mounting brackets off if it's not going in a rack. Of course it only has balanced +4dBu in/out... I use a Rane BB44X to connect it to consumer gear.

A lot of audiophiles shun equalizers, but the reality of many listening rooms is that they're very effective tools if you know what you're doing, and anyone can learn. The key for an audiophile is to avoid introducing significant noise, which rules out nearly every consumer equalizer I've seen in the last 15 years (many have S/N under 95dB, which in my mind is terrible for today's sources). Back when I was doing live sound, you couldn't get a decent equalizer for under $800 or so. That's no longer the case (Alesis DEQ230 and the Behringer DSP8024 both come to mind as inexpensive units with high S/N ratio and dynamic range).