This is an excerpt from another manufacturers site (Paradigm):
"To ensure superior sonic uniformity, we match every speaker to within 1/2 dB of its production reference!
How? By insuring a higher level of precision at every stage of production. Here are just a few examples:

We wind voice coils to ±0 turns so impedance cannot vary and cause response inconsistencies. ±1 turn is the typical industry standard. The magnetic gaps in our magnet structures have tolerances of ±0.025 mm (±0.001 in) to ensure higher unit-to-unit consistency. Cone material is batch-purchased to eliminate run-to-run variations.
Capacitors are hand-selected for ±5% tolerance. The industry standard is typically ±20%. We hand-select resistors for ±2% tolerance. The industry standard is typically ±10%. Our inductors are wound to ±1/2 turn. The industry standard is typically ±3 turns."

I am curious as to how Axiom measures up. What does Axiom do to ensure a quality speaker? While I believe that the ear is always the ultimate test...I still like to know what kind of quality control goes into the design.