I have exhausted my search for an AV receiver that I could feel comfortable with in my original budget. I researched and listened to many units (Pioneer Elite 45TX, Denon 3803, Marantz SR7300, etc). I logged countless hours doing research on the net and doing the grunt work at local retailers. I really couldn't find exactly what I was looking for but was about to settle for the Marantz SR7300...it came the closest to meeting my needs within budget constraints.

On the way to make the purchase at a local retailer, I asked the question, "for another $800-1000, could I go with separates and 'blow away' the receiver I am about to purchase?" I turned around and headed for home.

I decided to allocate additional funds to my budget to purchase separates. It might have to wait a month or two, but I think I made the right decision. I am writing this post because I hope it serves as a reminder to something we all hate as consumers....buyers remorse. I had come close to settling for a unit only because it was the 'best within the budget'. In the end, a little excercise in patience made me realize I had been making one big mistake: FOCUSING ON THE BOTTOM LINE

You have to draw the line somewhere...but I felt that by simply choosing a dollar amount, I had taken away my power to make better decisions. I am now looking at Adcom separates and have found a nice combination. Considering the total amount I am going to spend for a system, an extra $1000 seems like a small price to pay to ensure that I am fully satisfied.

Any thoughts about Adcom separates? Anybody powering their Axioms with Adcoms? I have just began researching them but everything seems positive so far. (Looking at the GTP-830/860 preamps and the GFA-7700 amp). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.