When the house was built in 2000, I did pay to have the rear channel and sub pre-wired, only because with the houses here in the bay area being a lotery system, I could not do it myslef. I had specified 12ga wire to be used.What I ended up with was 22ga. With the solarium addition, and a complete replacement of the heat/ac system, I needed to add two supply lines to the solarium. In November, I replaced the small cheap fireplace that was included with the house price with a full size Lennox gas unit. So when I purchased the Axiom system, I was able to remove the temp drywall around the fireplace, remove a few recessed can lights, and one of the register solarium supply ducts. This allowed me to pull the four 12ga speaker wires to the QS8's and the rear M80's in the solarium. After two days of work and a lot of bitching about contractors, I now have the wire runs completed and out of sight mostly. Still need to conceal a 30" section of wire for each QS8, but once finished, the wires for the QS8's and the rear M80's will not be noticable. The wiring for the sub is good enough for now, still playing with its location and if that changes, I will have to re-wire that, one reason I have not finished the drywall around the firplace, waiting till I have the sound system finished....if I live long enough. lol