I've seen the Dayton's on Parts Express, or the RS Gold's, and question if those are the price point people really don't need to exceed. I know the brain washing that's taken place in the cable industry, but can one assume there is some value, if not much, to be had over OTB cables?

I actually own some of those cables. I've got a Monster Sub cable, AR and OTB interconnects, and seem to have a good sounding system(currently). But that's maybe because my hardware isn't as detailed as the stuff(M80 or M60, QS8, VP150, SVS sub) I'm getting in about a month or so. The new speakers, A/V receiver, DVD player, ect, may bring out the flaws in those cables. Maybe I won't be able to tell the difference, who knows.

I only mention RG6U because: A)It's cheap B)I've got a bunch of it C)If one could use it for all there audio and video, you could really save a bundle. I'm sure people are out there that wouldn't even consider that option. I'm only trying to learn what's possible, and what we can do to achieve a full sounding HT system without short-changing ourselves.

[blue] "Welcome to my sky! Now buckle in for the ride!" [/blue]