I have DENON 3805, A 60VS810 Hitachi Rear LCD TV, 6 Axiom speakers and a EP-500 sub. Here's my issue. For SOME reason, I get a ground loop hum when the sub is connected. If I removethe ground loop screw from the sub, it reduces about 85% but it is still there. When I replace the ground loop screw AND add a 2 prog connector to the 3 prong AC sub plug, then the the hum goes away (but, this does not seem right since I should not have to add this. AND, the sound from the sub seems muddy. Also, just a background, all AV equipment is on a dedicated AC line with it's own circuit (no other appliances, lights etc on the circuit) AND I am using a Brick Wall Surge protector. Now here's where it gets even more bizzare -

I am without a doubt getting a magnetic field issue because I get nothing but an rumbling-type interference from the tuner when it is tuned to FM. AM is not really any better. The farther away I move the sub (it was never closer to RCVR than 5 ft), the slightly better the reception is but it is nowhere near of listening quality. The farthest I can move it it 13 ft and it was about 40% better but still, full of interference, runmbling etc.

Rearding other sources - The TV, CD etc. seem to work with sub but the sound is a bit muddy and unclear.

OK, part three - Axiom replaced the sub with a new one - SAME ISSUE! Today I am returning the Denon Receiver for a new one. (ABT electronics - also awesome guys to do business with)

All the equipment, cables etc are 3 weeks old.

I have done all the following troubleshooting -
1 - tried a different AC outlet
2- Tried a different RCA shielded sub cable
3 - Did NOT use the surrge protector
4- Tried a different AC outlet on a different circuit with combinations of items 2 and 3 above.
5 - Tried a GFI outlet - tried a non-GFI outlet.
6 - Tried bypass of crossover ; tried different ohm settings.
7) Disconnected all speakers except sub, tried various combinations.

I am calling Axiom today - is it possible I received two defective subs? That seems totally unlikely to me. Is the sub too bug for my room (16x20)? Is it normal to get such a strong magnetic force?

I am so lost and confused! I have spent over 8K and get tune in a radio station! I am also not convinced the muddiness I am getting from other components from the sub is how it should be responding.

What can I do next? The Axiom guys have been great but I don't want to have them keep paying for shipping this thing back and forth if there's something I'm doing wrong.

Please, PLEASE HELP!!!