1. Normally when I buy blank CDs one side is writeable (ie burnable) and the other side is silkscreened so you can write on the surface with pen or marker.

I just picked up a stack of Kodak CD-Rs which are shiny on both sides -- the only way to tell the sides apart is to look at the tiny writing in the center... "CD-R" reads properly when you are looking at the "bottom" and reads mirrored when looking at the "top".

The "bottom" seems to always burn OK, while the "top" is recognized by the drive about 3/4 of the time and seems to burn OK when it is recognized.

What's the deal here ? Was the silkscreen omitted, or are these supposed to be double-sided ?

2. I have owned various versions of EZ CD Creator since it was an Adaptec product, but they all stopped working when I upgraded to XP at home. I picked up Roxio Easy DVD Copy rather than the latest Creator (or Nero, or whatever) since all the CD Creator packages had morphed into big expensive packages full of things I didn't need like video editing and another stinkin' "manage your photos" tool.

I have started burning my CD collection onto blank CDs to go in the megachanger so I can keep the originals upstairs and use on the bedroom system. I'm finding that Easy DVD Copy doesn't seem to have a way to enter and burn the CD and/or track titles when copying a CD which does not already come with them (99% of my CDs do not have title info). I know the title info is stored outside of the normal track data but I've gotten a bit rusty on CD formats so not sure if I can easily edit the data into an image (will hex edit if necessary ) or whether I just bought the wrong package.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
John

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8