Kaid is right on the crossover, you want to set the crossover on the sub to its highest setting, basically cranked clockwise as far as it will go....that will get it out of the way so the receiver crossover setting will be in charge. I've played with various settings on my Denon 2805 for my mains small/large/lfe/lfe+main and I've found the best luck overall for HT/Music being a receiver crossover of 80hz and the mains set to small. When listening to CD's I use Pure Direct most of the time. I've also found that I only use the Auto Setup to help me with the speaker distance, polarity checks only. So far I have found the Room EQ to make my M60's sound to bright or to midrange sounding. So I usually don't turn on the Room EQ for Surround or Direct modes. I also backed down the levels that the Autosetup used. I found that it had the mains set so high, and the sub set low that I didn't get a nice blend with the low bass signals, and couldn't really hear my sub that much. After I bumped up the level on the sub, and turned down the levels on the mains, it is a whole new ballgame. Last night I listened to my Diana Krall "Live in Paris" DVD in DTS 5.1, WoWWWWWW I felt like I was on the stage with her, and the String Bass sounded sooooo good...

Randy

M60's VP150 EP350 4-Qs8's
Denon 2805
Sanyo Z2 Projector
Toshiba P.S. DVD
Samsung HD OTA receiver

My Axiom Speaker Polls

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85