i always laugh when i see the word "spankings".. i didnt get spanked, i got BEAT. always from dad, never mom.. she was the, "wait til your dad gets home" type. he had a 1/4 inch thick leather strap, that was about 5 inches wide, with a handle. he would get drunk and rowdy, and just start swinging. his usual aim was right about inbetween the ankles to about a foot above my butt-crack. that dang thing hurt no matter where he got you. the real funny part was, he had my name stamped in the leather(like on old cowboy belts), so when he got a good whack on your arse, i could go look in the miror, and see my name in big block letters, on my arse. he was a sick ole fella'

but, the way see it. i probably deserved about 75% of those beatings. without them, theres no telling what kind of trouble i would have gotten into. i DO spank/beat my 7 year old, but its open hand on butt. i do believe in harsh discipline when needed, but its got to be used sparingly. i noticed after a while, my son just kinda becomes immune, and it doesnt have the desired effect.

but, if he ever punches in my speakers, an arse-whuppin would most definitely be in order.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??