Normally when A/B-ing speakers the physical layout isn't too hard. Either stick 'em side by side or (worst case) invert one on the other, match the levels, listen, switch, listen, drink, eat, switch, listen, repeat...

So... romeo has VP150 and QS4s, I have VP100 and QS8s. We both live in Darkest Scarborough. If I ever finish cleaning the place up we can do some comparisons. I think we can figure out how to place the centers, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do with the surrounds. Putting them side by side doesn't work, the tweeters go out on an angle so one will reflect sound off the other. Can't put one on top of the other, the woofers come out the top and bottom. %$#^%#$$%!!!

One option, I guess, is to build some kind of frame with a vertical wooden or steel bar and mount one surround a foot or two above the other. Maybe have the QS4 on top on one side, QS8 on top on the other side, so the height isn't a factor. I don't really want to be putting a whole lot more screws into the wall for the T-brackets.

I guess the other option is to physically switch the speakers each time. Don't like that 'cause (a) I'll probably end up dropping at least one, (b) it slows down the switch more than I like.

Ideas ?

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8