The M50 are still at the top of the list, but there are some other "sub-issues" that need to be attended to.

It all has to do with my horrible room acoustics, the soundstage has shrunk from an, "outside the speakers by a good bunch", to a seemingly "wide center channel". It's really nasty. I've even been investigating going the bi-amping route by trying to integrate a small sub with my M3s trying to get better control of the lower frequencies, but the cost quickly runs into the WAF when trying to do this on both front speakers-two quality musical subs with comprehensive x-overs within the price of a set of M50s is an impossible goal. And then, even with the subs taking over the low freqs from the M3s, the M3s still may be too small for the room. So, while it has been fun looking at small subs and trying to make the concept work, I may just have to go back to plain ol' towers and try to work out something with the room.

Then there's the problem of trying to fit ten feet of entertainment equipment into twelve feet of wall space and still have enough room for the speakers to breath...

Picking the speakers is easy, finding just where to put them (and us)is the trick.