I recently equipped my small AV room with an Epic Mini home theater package, which I absolutely love, but for one thing. Even with the subwoofer output on the receiver set to +10db, the subwoofer cuts in and out at low/modest volume levels. The sub volume is set to between 8 o'clock and 11 o'clock (higher for low volume listening and movies, lower for music and high volume listening). I've tried various cables and it makes no difference. The volume is enough, once it kicks in, to be clearly audible which makes it that much more annoying (i.e. it's sometimes better to just switch off the sub since the sudden introduction of bass can be quite distracting).

Can this feature be disabled or its sensitivity adjusted? Or should I build an amp to go between my receiver and the sub to bring the line levels up even higher? I'm going to have to throw out this sub eventually if I can't solve this -- but I gotta say, even if I throw the sub in the garbage, I still think the Axiom speaker package is great value for the money. Just not the sub.

In case it matters, the receiver is a Sony STR-DA4ES.

- Eric