seabear- yea, monte is much better live than in recordings.. you just cant capture his energy on a recording, but his live sets are some of the best i have ever seen. that guy can make a 6-string acoustic sound like a 12-string electric. just amazing fret work.

i noticed a lot of the guys on your list are story tellers.. if you are a big fan of that 'genre', then i got 2 names for you.

todd snider- this guy is from seattle, but now resides in texas. he is a master story teller, and has the ability to incorporate humor in his songs, without it being too 'gitchy'. i highly recommend him.

adam carroll- he is mainly a texas artist, but this guy is like 2nd coming of bob dylan. he plays solo, just him, the guitsr, and his harmonica. very talented guy, and writes songs that just make you think of home. you can buy his music here. i suggest the 'screen door' cd.. its my favorite.

that site is dedicated to mainly texas music artists.. another great band is 'cross canadian ragweed'. i didnt like their most recent album very much, but the 'purple' album is great.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??