In reply to:

I made the appointment w/the bank because i didn't know where else to start, i know that may be backwards but like i said, i don't have any expearience.

At the very worst, set up an appointment with a bank you have no interest in dealing with. They'll put you over the coals and give you an inkling of what the bank you do want to deal with will want to know.

Personally, when I started up 9 years ago, I started jumping through hoops for one bank after another, attending BusinessStart meetings and I finally got fed up with the banks - the definition of a banker: "A person who lends you his umbrella, and takes it back the moment it starts raining." A ton of questions read to me by someone who didn't understand my field of expertise and wanted a detailed itinerary of what I expected to do from that moment until retirement.

Finally I flipped the bank loan idea off (I have a serious issue with owing anyone money anyway), worked my kiester off, sacked away every spare dollar, borrowed some of my start-up capital off my grandparents and once they were paid back, it was mine. and I did it myyyyy waaaaay.

Bren R.