I got my receiver and M60's last week, and the speakers more than live up to their reputation. I was standing on the furniture with a lighter screaming WHOOOOO! - OK.. I didn't have a lighter...

The receiver set up worked right out of the box - however, I have the following issue: Bear in mind that the TV is an older JVC - and is not HDTV - though it does have compnent inputs.

RXV >> Compnent Monitor outs >> TV

Cable box >> Svideo/Optical out >> RXV >> TV receives audio/video

Cable box >> Compnent/Optical out >> RXV >> TV receives audio - no video.

- I've changed the RXV Compnent "DTV" inputs(where the cable box output connects) to CBL/SAT - still no video.

The only thing that changes is the video I/O from the cable to the receiver. Is it possible that the TV cannot process the HDTV signal from component - but can "see" the svideo signal over the component connection?

It's also possible I've fat fingered something and didn't get the receiver settings quite right...

2nd question -
I haven't run auto set-up yet. I need to get the dogs, wife & 3 year old out of the house so that things stay quiet for the speaker EQ set up.

Has your experience been that the auto EQ will improve the "sound quality" for the room? Bear in mind - I'm stereo only for now...

Would you recommend that I re-run the YPAO in a couple months after the speaker break in a bit?

Thanks!