Man, I CANNOT get this problem out of my head. Must be the pictures.

Okay, here's an idea.

M22 mains - $440
3 M2 (surround and one in the back for 6.1) - $420
VP100 center - $240
EP175 $530 (some people may suggest the Hsu STF-2 or SVS PB10, which would also be fine choices but would not match the other speakers)
Total $1630 - order all at once and save (5%? not sure) or through the factory outlet. You still need money for stands and/or mounts.

Put the M22's on stands next to the fireplace. Put one M2 in the corner over by the french door, pointing at the side of the couch. Put another M2 in the corner opposite that one, also pointing at the side of the couch. Put the final M2 in the back, by the butler's pantry pointing at the back of the couch.

You will need a Radio Shack SPL meter and a calibration disk (Avia, Home Video Essentials, Sound and Vision, etc.) to balance everything.

This is one of the few cases where I would advocate for "directional" (monopole) surrounds like the M2 instead of the quadpolar QS series. I love my QS8's, but in your room, I think the quadpolar design might not help because of the diamond-shaped viewing area. You could save some money there, too.

Just one Axiomite's opinion. Good luck.

- Tom B.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem