I've owned quite a few Receivers: HK, Yamaha, Fisher, Sony, Sherwood and Technics being those I can remember.

I've also owned several integrated amps: Jolida 1701A (hybrid), Cambridge Audio A500RC(Solid State), Jolida 202A (Tube) and Jungson JA-88D (Pure class A).

IMO none of the Receivers came anywhere near the sound quality of even the cheapest amp. I'm not saying you can't find really good sounding receivers. But the typical $400 HT recievers arn't it.

Including my kids and wife's systems we have speakers ranging from the Axiom MzeroTi and PSB Alpha minis which go for under $200 up to the Focus Audio FS688 monitors which go for $3200. Regardless of the speaker the difference was notable. Needless to say the better the speaker the more obvious the difference.

With the M60's I believe you would really find a nice difference. NAD, Cambridge Audio and Jungson all make good integrateds for under $500.

I know this probably isn't a popular opinion none the less, if I wasn't really looking to put together a HT system I would bypass receivers and go for the integrated.

BW MaxxC