Hey everyone!
Just this past Thursday I was lucky enough to Demo a few diffrent recivers at a dealer that still sells Axioms so I could see how it will sound. Well it was more then just a Recivers demo I got the Rep to do some comparos of a few diffrent speakers..axiom m22ti..axiom m80ti and even some of thos wharadale'seven the evo 8, and 40's all being played through an Onkyo reciver I belive it was the Tx-602 or something like that.
Anyways I was very suprised by the Evo's ,clean open but seemed somewhat limited in the high end, then he switched to the 80's they seemed very BRIGHT in direct comparo but it seemed more refined and more smooth ( maybe less grainy? less coloration?) and as with the 22's they seemed less in your face in the highs vs the 80's. The rep was really pushing the Wharf's, I belive his settings on the reciver were bumped in the low end because when he switched to the 80's they seemed really boomy as did the 22's odd? I thought so. So I asked him to switch to the other reciver on display onther Onkyo..they Axioms sounded even better and the Wharfs sounded almost un-defined and just slopy, not the Evos the Evos remaind tight and controled but the other Whafs like the 9 line, I belive? sounded like a diffrent speaker altogether!
long story short I was really impressed by the sound of this reciver with the Axioms, I am looking at getting a new one..any thoughts on the Onkyo's? Thanks

Sean

Axiom M22ti,VP-150, 2 EP125's, M40 as rears.