John, ok, thanks for answer. I spoke with Klaus and yes, the amp is of course too much (I'm getting the dual mono) and it should handle the 80s easy since it can take dips down to 1Ohm but I will probably wander later into some more demanding speakers so I don't mind getting it. Not so sure about the acoustic match but I will be driving other speakers with the setup and we'll see whether it matters. Cables I opted for the Groenbergs Quattros that Klaus is selling and I will bi-wire the 80 to see what I can get out of it in terms of quality. I like the fairly forward, detailed speakers (my fav so far was big infinity kappas) and I assume I'll find roughly a similar speaker with that one. I'm also getting a TacT 2.2 (which is silly, it's almost 2x amp+speakers combined) but I'm a computer guy and my setup in terms of room is not ideal either ;-) I heard it on some Acoustic Research around the class of the Ti80s and certain things throughn the TacT sounded amazingly good, better than $4000 speakers.

Anyway, I'll let you know how the Ti80 stands up ...

-- tony