Decided on the M50s?-Good choice!!IMHO

May I reiterate and reinforce my previous post?:

I currently use, and have been for a number of years, been using an M3 as center. One reason being a post on this forum by a very knowledgeable and influential member of the Axiom staff. It was a few years back, but the basic gist of it was, in this persons' opinion(His, not mine)that in a comparison of the M22, M3 and VP100 as center, the M22 was best, followed by the M3, and last by the VP100. Since at that point I was already using M3s as mains, it was a simple deal to add another M3 as center, invert it, and never look back.

An interesting side note: I had been using the three M3s in this new larger house and found that the center channel, along with the mains, seemed to be over-driven quite easily when I tried to drive them at reasonable levels during action flicks. I replaced the mains with M50s, which do a great job of filling the room with no problem at all in conjunction with my new receiver. However, for some funny, but happy, reason, the M3 in center has taken on a new life as a "larger" speaker than it was with the old receiver. I'm amazed to note that the M3 is doing just fine, right where it's been for quite some time now. And I, for one couldn't be happier with this situation, as I was actually considering updating to a VP150 but was a bit nervous that I may not like the sound as well as I like the M3.

Again; this is simply my opinion-your milage may vary.
Rich.